CS Menu

An Expressive and Innovative Mixed Media Art Ezine for Paper Crafters, Collage and Assemblage Artists


What's On My Desk

CS Designs What's On my Desk for future projects

Future Projects ... By Chris / CS Designs

I though I would show you just some of the things I have been saving for future projects.

I have been saving  some of these things for a good long while and think they have lots of possibilities.

Some of the things among this bit of recycled clutter are things like wooden dominoes, sardine cans which I have painted, one of several jars filled with juice lids, fancy wooden toothpicks, poker chips and even some puzzle pieces. I am just showing you the small batch not the humongous pile of stuff I have stashed in a large drawer in my art room. I bet my Hubby is also wondering when if ever I am going to use all those darn sardine cans I am always beg him to save for me. 

I probably have about 2 dozen sardine cans alone, but I hide them well so no one will know I am such a pack rat, but I bet people might already know this about me. So far I have only altered one sardine can, but I loved doing and have in mind to create lost more. The one have made has a Steampunk theme and it is one of my favorite pieces, I do try to keep some of my favorite projects and you can find a photo as well as a little write up on my Steampunk Sardine Can here.


You've Got Mail ... Yippie!
This week was a great mail week for me and I am so excited about the new toys I just received.

Although I do love my Prismacolor pencils, I have been wanting to try alcohol ink pens for some time now and finally bit the bullet. I purchased some Spectrum Noir brand  alcohol pens which are suppose to contain the same kind of ink as Copic markers but at a much more affordable price. 

I purchased these pens from an  online store called Paper Gourmet owned by Tammy Burton. Tammy was both helpful and very quick in sending my order. When I received my markers there were a few that were dry which I have heard can happen, but Tammy was kind enough to give me the  number for the Crafters Companion who is the main distriubter in North America and handles problems such a this.  Their Customer Service was fantastic and they are sending me some new ones as replacements for those that did not work properly.

All in all I was very pleased by both these companies and would definitely purchase and deal with them again.
 


I hope you enjoyed having a look at this issue and will come back and see what I do with the rest of these things.

To continue on to more wonderful projects from our Guest Designers Elenor Sandstrom and Annie Gilmour, click on the Next Page link on the right and directly below.

<---  Previous Page
... Back to Main Table of Contents ...
Next Page --->

2 comments:

  1. These pens are great to work with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting a giggle about your stash. I've got some crazy stuff too that's taking up some mega space. I aslways think "I'll bet I can make something with that", but...) LOL xxD

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping bye and for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) Chris / CS Designs