CS Menu

An Expressive and Innovative Mixed Media Art Ezine for Paper Crafters, Collage and Assemblage Artists


Vision Recycled Slide Mount Book



By Chris /  CS Designs

If you read last months issue of the Ezine, you already know I love handmade books and I couldn't resist making one with one with a recycled slide mount to fit this issue. Slide Mounts make the coolest frames and are the prefect focal point for a mini book cover.

The main focal point as well as other elements on the cover are made from pieces of one of my new postage digital stamps which will be in the CS Designs store later this month. The design has been colored with Prismacolor Pencils and blended with orderless turpentine using paper stumps.

The background for both the front and back cover are pieces of a vintage sheet which I mentioned on my first slide mount project. I have used various colors of pigment ink on both covers using the direct to paper technique.
I have also applied small bits of acrylic paint in random areas for a bit of extra interest.

The round metal element on the front cover is a vintage button.  I have a bag of these that I purchased some time ago and they really are vintage so I save them for special projects such as this.

The button has been glued to a wire swirl using tack glue. I do love my wire as it comes in so many thickness and colors and it adds such  wonderful dimension as well as a little bling to any piece.
The pages of the book are made from gold colored cardstock. I cut strips slightly shorter in height to the front cover. The strips were folded in half and when folded each panel is slightly shorter in width tan the covers. I then glued the back of one section of the folded piece to the back of another page assembly piece and so on, which created a fan fold effect and pages which can be turned. The end pieces of the finished page assembly was glued inside to the front and back covers.

Materials List:
Vision Postage Stamp digital stamp / CS Designs
Recycled Slide Mount
Vintage Sheet Music (digital)
Cardstock
Acrylic Paint and Pigment Ink
Prismacolor Pencils, Odorless Turpentine, Paper Stumps
Brass Wire, Vintage Button, Brad, Eyeler
General Adhesives and Cutting Tools



<---  Previous Page
... Back to Main Table of Contents ...
Next Page --->

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous book you made and the image really pops out from the frame!
    Great cover and details!
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant, I love miniature ANYTHING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so gorgeous. What a fab idea

    ReplyDelete
  4. EEEK! Love this adorable book! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you did this and the stories behind the found components. I'm feeling the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping bye and for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) Chris / CS Designs