CS Menu

An Expressive and Innovative Mixed Media Art Ezine for Paper Crafters, Collage and Assemblage Artists


Victorian Wall Hanging

Annie Gilmour
To make this wall hanging I took a piece of cardboard, roughly 8 by 7.5 inches and adhered a piece of cotton fabric with multi medium.

A piece of corrugated card was blended with ink and distressed cotton from my stash.

The Victorian Millinery digital stamps were resized as required and printed off . I then coloured them with various makes of markers before cutting sections of the hat as I wanted to decoupage it. I like to remove the white edges of cut pieces as it gives a really nice finish and did this using a dark grey marker but you could use a pencil.

I used silicone to adhere the hat and rounded the decoupaged elements slightly, adding shape to the hat. Once satisfied and the silicone dried I covered the whole image in paper varnish, which gives a lovely finish.
I used Gold Labels Four dies, which I thought looked Victorian, placing the main image, blending inks around the edge. I then added some buttons from my stash, adding some thread. Some lace was attached using brads, which I then covered with buttons to complete the look.



<---  Previous Page
... Back to Main Table of Contents ...
Next Page --->


9 comments:

  1. Annie, This is wonderful. I love the double images being colored so different and the one on the very left does look like a real vintage brooch. I also love the small print fabric with the coordinated cardboard, you made them mix beautiful.
    :) Chris / CS Designs

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is left to say Annie. Your wall hanging is so beautiful, everything about it just oozes Vintage, you have certainly done justice to Chris's stunning image. Well Done. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another stunning make Annie! That's of course one of the beauties of digital stamps, that you can re-size them as required. The fabric and buttons really suit the millinery theme too, - a gorgeous vintage hanging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh well... you know I love anything with corrugated card, and this is a beauty. So clever to have the image echoed in the smaller cameo, lovely composition, and such pretty fabric in the background!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Corrugated means love! Great fabric too! Love the brights and florals!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful wallhanging and great coloring! The corrugated piece is perfect for the background! =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is so gorgeous. You have used the stamps to the most beautiful effect over all your projects.
    The floral against the corrugated cardboard is a favourite (as you might well know!)
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty indeed. A lovely image and gorgeous delicate colour pallet. Fantastic.
    IKE xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful work with this image. love how you've used it twice on this piece. Looks like a custom cameo. xxD

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping bye and for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) Chris / CS Designs