CS Menu

An Expressive and Innovative Mixed Media Art Ezine for Paper Crafters, Collage and Assemblage Artists


Nostalgia Recycled Altered Slide Mount

Altered Recycled Nostalgia Photo Slide Mount

By Chris / CS Designs 



This altered slide mount used my Victorian Angel Face Digital Stamp design as the main focal point. Angel Face has been colored with Prismacolor pencils and blended with odorless turpentine using paper stumps.

 I covered the recycled slide mount with a vintage music sheet which I cleaned up and saved in high resolution. The Nostalgia sentiment is also computer generated and printed on a laser printer.

The soft blue and lavender hues around all the edges were achieved using pigment ink and the direct to paper technique. I cut the circle on the left top with a circle die and my Cuttle bug.

For the glittery effects on the circle, I brushed on some children’s glitter glue that I purchased at the dollar store. I had never tried this glue before and like the effect so will probably go back and look for more colors. The dangling piece under the circle piece is purple wire which I shaped to hold the little  blue Rhinestone. When finished, I left this piece as is without adding it to anything else. It is pretty just as a it is and could be put inside a small frame or used on other bigger projects at a latter date. I think that is what I loved about the mounts I created, they have so many possibilities for future projects.
Materials Used:
Victorian Angel Face Digital Stamp / CS Designs
Recycled Paper Slide Mount
Nostalgia and Music sheet computer generated.
Prismacolor Pencils, Odorless Turpentine & Paper Stumps
22 Gauge Purple Wire and Tools
Circle Die, Brad and  Eyelet
Rhinestone, Children’s Glitter Glue
Pigment Ink

<---  Previous Page
... Back to Main Table of Contents ...
Next Page --->

3 comments:

  1. An absolutely stunning colour combo. Your colouring is amazing.
    {Would love you to visit my blog and join my 500-Follower Give-Away. Thank you so much if you already have entered and good luck.}
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. The coleurs are beautiful and also the slide. Janny

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping bye and for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) Chris / CS Designs