CS Menu

An Expressive and Innovative Mixed Media Art Ezine for Paper Crafters, Collage and Assemblage Artists


Babushka Surprise Card

By Elenor Sanstrom

I have had Little Babushka Nikita for some time and decided to make a card with her, I got idea to make it like a real Russian doll. =)
I first printed out three different sizes of Nikita, colored her with my promarkers and now came the hard part, how to get all three to show between each other.
I found some eyelet's from my stash and used my tool to make holes in the side of the upper and lower part of the two bigger Nikita's.
Then I added the eyelets and put them all together, so that if I pulled them to the side I could see first one below the other and then the last one was behind the others!
That was quite the trick to make it work and I'm happy it did.

I used a green patterned paper for the background and an orange cardstock for the card, added an orange flower in the upper corner with a half pearl to match the other colors!
I'm going to try this in some other form later on too, since it's fun to make new kind's of cards and surprise the people who get them! =)


Materials List:
Pro Markers
Eyelets
Green / Orange Cardstock
Green Patterned Paper
Flower Punch
Pearl
General Adhesives & Cutting Tools
By Elenor Sandstrom

My name is Elenor and I live in Umeå, a city in the north of Sweden!

I love making cards, but also to find objects that I can alter and use in recycling projects!

Love learning new things about crafting and get inspiration online from other crafters!




For more of Elenor's beautiful work visit her blog:
Ellis pyssel och ditt å datt 




 

<---  Previous Page
... Back to Main Table of Contents ...
Next Page --->

8 comments:

  1. Elenor, Great coloring on little Nikita and such a wonderful project. The mechanical assembly technique is so inventive and super fantastic and I bet it must look so very cool in real life. I just love this one to bits and going to have to try something like this.
    :) Chris / CS Designs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Chris, it was tricky but worth the work! =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thsi is stunning Elenor, and a totally different 'spin' on using a digistamp! Love it. Of course this image of Chris lends itself perfectly to this method!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful, loving the idea.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGoodness - that is stunning and sooooo creative. Amazing !! :-D
    IKE xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore this! I may just need to CASE this idea, I. Thinking of a die cut that will work, very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such fabulous colors! Love how the doll opens up. soo creative! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks girls for all your wonderful comments! =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping bye and for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) Chris / CS Designs