CS Menu

An Expressive and Innovative Mixed Media Art Ezine for Paper Crafters, Collage and Assemblage Artists


Altered Matchbox Gift Greeting Card

By Annie Gilmour
I took the matchbox, which is a large size ( roughly 4.25 inches by 2.5 inches) and covered it in multi medium, placing tissue from my stash. My lovely crafty friend had used the tissue to wrap some gifts in and I loved it so much I carefully took it apart and kept it !!!  Knew it would come in handy !!

The inside of the matchbox was also covered in same.

Once dry, which took a few hours, I adhered some lace around the  top and bottom of the box using tape. I adhered some pearls with glue.

 As in the Wall Hanging I decided to decoupage the Victorian Millinery digital stamp after colouring with various markers.

I used a different die and I am sorry but I cant find the details to hand. The die was blended with inks to give it a slightly aged appearance befitting of the Victorian era.


 Annie Gilmour
I live on the South West of Scotland and have been crafting for 20 years. I started off making decoupage pictures then ventured in to card making. I have attended workshops on Pergamano Papercraft and various techniques  in relation to Rubber Stamping.

Over the last 10-12 years I have seen a huge change in the way that I craft due to various products. Memory Books/Scrapbooking have also became very popular and are the most wonderful keepsakes/heirlooms.  As technology progresses Digital Stamping has came along and is really taking off. This is my first attempt at using digital images and I have to say that I have enjoyed it.  CS Designs Victorian Millinery took me back to my roots and you will see that I have incorporated some decoupage and of course I love vintage styles.

Card making remains a hobby at present  but I do hope to take it further over the next few years by teaching and demonstrating.

For more of Annie's beautiful work visit her blog:
 Curiousn Crafty Treasures
 

 
<---  Previous Page
... Back to Main Table of Contents ...
Next Page --->

11 comments:

  1. Annie, This such an exceptional piece. I absolutely love everything about it, from the coloring, all the great details, embellishments and especially that cool metal drawer pull. Definitely a Wow! project.

    It was great finally having a chance to work with you as well as having you shre your wonderful talent in this issue.
    Thank you so much :) Chris / CS Designs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful design Annie. I love the colours and the cute little card inside the box. Love it. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty and gorgeous Annie and beautifully embellished (as well as stamped and coloured oof course) a lovely little keep sake with the little card inside!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable project... love the idea of the tiny card inside the matchbox, and your altering with the tissue paper and lace is so pretty! Congratulations on your GD spot, Annie - great to see your work showcased!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful! I love the pull and the hidden treasure! Genius!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning creations Annie and both pieces match each other perfectly! =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  7. Annie
    This is absolutely gorgeous.
    You captured the most perfect feeling to this project.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous project - a great image and I love the delicate vintage look. Superb :-D
    IKE xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous vintage project, Annie! Love the decoupage of the image and that drawer pull is such a unique touch. xxD

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping bye and for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) Chris / CS Designs