CS Menu

An Expressive and Innovative Mixed Media Art Ezine for Paper Crafters, Collage and Assemblage Artists


Recycled Christmas Boxes

By Elenor Sandstrom

My name is Elenor and I live in Umeå, a city in the north of Sweden!
I love making cards, but also to find objects that I can alter and use in recycling projects!
Love learning new things about crafting and get inspiration online from other crafters!


Two recycled Christmas projects
I saved two different boxes, one that had headphones in it and one that contained a candle!

The first I began working on to transform was the headphone box, since it has a little window I thought it would be perfect for a recycle project. The first thing I did was to print out a sentiment on vellum covered with flocked snowflakes, then I measured out a designer paper for the inside that would be a good background for the vellum.Added the paper with double-sided tape and the vellum with some transparent tape on top of it.

After that I began working on the outside, found a lovely designer paper with threes and stars on it and used a ruler to measure out the window, so that I could cut it out before I added the paper as a cover, this also with double sided tape. 

It worked out just fine and really matches the small Angelines that I printed out and colored with promarkers.
As the final touch I added a glitter snowflake that I bought on a sale a few years back and never used, my glue gun was perfect for that. So now I have a gift box with a window that I can use for someone’s Christmas gift this year!





Winter Scene Recycled Candle  Box ... The other box is clear with a silver bottom, so this will be a great winter scene.  I printed out Angeline again, she’s my star in this project and colored with my promarkers in a blue dress!  Then I printed out the sentiment on vellum with flocked snowflakes and added it as a background to the scene. Angeline got a little stand so that she can stand around the snow, which is made with cotton balls! =) 

The box is decorated with glitter snowflakes that I added with some gluedots to add some shine to the scene!

General Materials Used: 
Recycled Candle Box, Vellum & Cotton Balls


For more of Elenors lovely work visit her blog


<---  Previous Page
... Back to Main Table of Contents ...
Next Page --->

9 comments:

  1. Fabulous ideas for recycling! Love your projects! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute projects and great use of boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely boxes, thanks for sharing your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Reiko! =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  5. both boxes are adorable...thank you for sharing your artwork and instructions!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping bye and for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) Chris / CS Designs